|What is an Air Conditioning Service Technician?
||Air Conditioning Technicians may sometimes be referred to as HVAC technicians and are responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems. They may also be responsible for reviewing blueprints, testing systems for proper functioning, performing emergency repairs, maintaining tools, ordering supplies, and making routine adjustments to maximize operational efficiency. They may also record data when inspecting systems, such as temperature of equipment, fuel consumption and hours of operation.
|Degree and Certificates
- Air Conditioning Technology, AAS
- Air Conditioning Technology, Diploma
- Air Conditioning Electrical Technician, Certificate
- Air Conditioning Maintenance Technician, Certificate
- Refrigeration System Service Technician, Certificate
- FYES 1000
- Degree level proficiency is required to take degree level General Education courses.
- Students are encouraged to complete any learning support courses needed while taking their AIRC technical courses. Please refer to course descriptions in the online catalog for specific prerequisites.
|Semester Program Begins
||Applicants to the Air Conditioning Technology Degree program must meet all Admission requirements; complete an application and pay the application fee. Individuals apply to Gwinnett Technical College at GwinnettTech.edu, and submit all transcripts from high school and previous college work, and take the ACCUPLACER test, if required.
||You may enter in the fall term.
|For more information, contact:
||Reed Lovell, program director, RLovell@GwinnettTech.edu, 678.226.6313.
|For admission and enrollment, contact:
||Enrollment Support Center in Building 100 at the Lawrenceville campus, or Building A at the Alpharetta-North Fulton campus, or email ACTTeam@GwinnettTech.edu.
(This data was compiled from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.)
|2016 Median pay
|| $42,840 to $45,910
|Entry level education
|| Associate degree, diploma, certificate
|Number of jobs, 2014 - 2024
|Job growth, 2014 - 2024
The Gwinnett Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
Lisa Richardson, Section 504/ADA, Title IX and Equity Coordinator, Building 100, Room 708, 678.226.6691, LRichardson@GwinnettTech.edu