|What is a Superintendent?
||Superintendents provide on-site coordination for all phases of Single and Two-Family construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. They are usually responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
|Degree and Certificates
- Residential Construction Management, AAS
- Certified Construction Worker, Certificate
- Finish Carpenter, Certificate
- Framing Carpenter, Cerificate
- Residential Construction Manager, Certificate
- FYES 1000
- COFC 1020 - required for admission to all CARP courses.
- Degree level proficiency required to take degree level General Education courses. Please refer to the course descriptions in the online catalog for specific prerequisites.
- It is recommended that students first complete the introductory and technical carpentry courses (course numbers beginning with the letters ‘COFC’ and ‘CARP’) before attempting any of the management level courses (course numbers beginning with the letters ‘CMTT’).
|Semester Program Begins
||Fall semester for day program.
Spring semester for evening program.
||Applicants to the Residential Construciton Management degree program must meet all admission requirements; complete an application and pay the application fee. Individuals apply to Gwinnett Technical College at GwinnettTech.edu, submit all transcripts from high school and previous college work, and take the ACCUPLACER test, if required.
||You may enter in the fall and spring terms.
|For more information, contact:
||Dennis Bowers, program director, DBowers@GwinnettTech.edu, 678.226.6649.
|For admission and enrollment, contact:
||Enrollment Support Center in Building 100 at the Lawrenceville campus, or Building A at the Alpharetta-North Fulton campus, or email ACTTeam@GwinnettTech.edu.
(This data was compiled from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.)
|2016 Median pay
|| $58,840 to $62,980
|Entry level education
|| Associate degree, diploma, certificate
|Number of jobs, 2014 - 2024
|Job growth, 2014 - 2024
The Gwinnett Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
Lisa Richardson, Section 504/ADA, Title IX and Equity Coordinator, Building 100, Room 708, 678.226.6691, LRichardson@GwinnettTech.edu