|What is an Entry-Level Air Conditioning Service Technician Assistant?
Entry level Air Conditioning Technicians may sometimes be referred to as entry level HVAC technicians and are responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems. They may also be responsible for helping with reviewing blueprints, testing systems for proper functioning, performing emergency repairs, maintaining tools, ordering supplies, and making routine adjustments to maximize operational efficiency. They may also help record data when inspecting systems, such as temperature of equipment, fuel consumption and hours of operation.
|Degrees and Certificates
- Air Conditioning Technology, diploma
- Air Conditioning Electrical Technician, certificate
- Air Conditioning System Maintenance Technician, certificate
- Photovoltaic Systems Installation & Repair Technician, certificate
- Refrigeration System Service Technician, certificate
- FYES 1000
- Diploma level proficiency in required to take diploma level General Education courses.
- Students are encouraged to complete any learning support courses needed while taking their AIRC technical courses. Please refer to course descriptions in the online catalog for specific prerequistes.
|Semester Program Begins
||Applicants to the Air Conditioning Technology diploma program must meet all Admission requirements; complete an application and pay the application fee. Individuals apply to Gwinnett Technical College at GwinnettTech.edu, and submit all transcripts from high school and previous college work, and take the ACCUPLACER test, if required.
||You may enter in the fall term.
|For more information, contact:
||Reed Lovell, program director, RLovell@GwinnettTech.edu, 678.226.6313.
|For admission and enrollment, contact:
||Enrollment Support Center in Building 100 at the Lawrenceville campus, or Building A at the Alpharetta-North Fulton campus, or email ACTTeam@GwinnettTech.edu.
(This data was compiled from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.)
|2016 Median pay
|| $42,840 to $45,910
|Entry level education
|| Associate’s degree, diploma, certificate
|Number of jobs, 2014 - 2024
|Job Growth, 2014 - 2024
The Gwinnett Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
Lisa Richardson, Section 504/ADA, Title IX and Equity Coordinator, Building 100, Room 708, 678.226.6691, LRichardson@GwinnettTech.edu