|What is Business Technology?
||The Business Technology program is a sequence of courses designed to prepare students to provide administrative support within a variety of offices. Knowledge of clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology are covered in this program.
Sample of reported job titles: Administrative Aide • Administrative Assistant • Administrative Associate • Administrative Coordinator • Administrative Secretary • Executive Administrative Assistant • Executive Secretary • Office Manager • Secretary
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
- Verify accuracy of billing data and correct any errors.
- Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
|Degree and Certificates
- Business Technology, AAS
- Business Technology, diploma
- Administrative Support Specialist, certificate
- Medical Billing Clerk, certificate
- Medical Front Office Assistant, certificate
- Microsoft Office Application Professional, certificate
- FYES 1000 (prerequisite for most BUSN courses)
- Students who do not type at least 25 words per minute will be advise to take BUSN 1100 their first semester.
|Semester Program Begins
||Spring, summer or fall semester.
|Suggested First Classes
||Applicants to the Business Technology program must meet all admission requirements: complete an application and pay the application fee. Individuals apply to Gwinnett Technical College at GwinnettTech.edu, submit all transcripts from high school and previous college work, and take the ACCUPLACER test, if required.
||You may enter in the fall, spring, or summer semester.
|For more information, contact:
||Charlene Clark, program director, cclark@GwinnettTech.edu, 678.226.6668. Building 100 Room 309
|For admission and enrollment, contact:
||Enrollment Support Center in Building 100 at the Lawrenceville campus, or Building A at the Alpharetta-North Fulton campus, or email BusinessArtDesignTeam@GwinnettTech.edu.
(This data was compiled from www.onetonline.net.)
||2% - 4% growth
||Receptionist and Information Clerks
||9% - 13% growth
||Medical Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
||Medical Records and Health Information Tech
||14% or higher growth
||Medical Billing and/or Posting Clerk
||10% - 14% growth
Gwinnett Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Lisa Richardson, Title IX, and Section 504 Coordinator, 5150 Sugarloaf Parkway, Building 100, Room 407, Lawrenceville, GA 30043, 678-226-6691, LRichardson@GwinnettTech.edu.