Instructions to Check Your Application Status
- Access website: gtc-web.org.
- Select “Apply for admission / check admission status.“
- Scroll down to Login ID and PIN area.
- Enter your Login ID (your Soc. Sec. #) and PIN (birth date as 6 digit MMDDYY).
- Display applications.
- Under “Processed Applications” Click on appropriate term (for example: Fall 2016).
- Look at “REQUIREMENT near the bottom of the page.” If the fields to the right are complete, you should be eligible to register during the upcoming registration period.
- If items are not completed, keep checking back until you see that all fields are completed.
Instructions to Register
- Access website: gtc-web.org
- Select Enter Student / Faculty Secure Area
- User Id: enter your student ID or social security number
- PIN: enter your birth date in 6-digit format (MMDDYY)
- Select Student Services & Financial Aid
- Select Registration
- Select Register for Classes
- Highlight the appropriate subject in the scroll down box. For example, if you are looking for ENGL 1101, you will highlight English.
- Click on Section Search
Choose the desired course by clicking the check box in the left hand column
|Pay attention to the Date column on the class schedule to identify if the class is a full semester or half-semester course. Also pay attention to the CMP column for the campus location of the class- NF represents courses offered at the Alpharetta-North Fulton campus.
- Click Register
View your schedule
Make changes if necessary using the pull down action block, make sure to click on the Submit Changes button.
Refer to the What Ifs regarding error messages
Click Menu Button at top right corner to return to Registration Menu
Scroll down to and open Registration Fee Assessment
Select Student Detail Schedule from the link at the bottom of the Fee Assessment screen
Verify your address, phone number, and e-mail on the personal information screen
Submit changes as necessary to firstname.lastname@example.org
All students are assigned Gwinnett Technical Collge email accounts within one business day of your initial registration. You may view your email address in the Personal Information section.
Instructions to Check Your Financial Aid Status
- Login to gtc-web.org.
- Enter “Student/Faculty Secure Area”.
- User ID: enter your student ID or social security number.
- PIN: enter your birth date in 6-digit format (MMDDYY).
- Select Student Services and Financial Aid.
- Select Financial Aid.
- Select My Award Information.
- Select Award Package for Aid Year
- Select Aid Year (2016-2017) and click submit.
- To see if you have any outstanding requirements:
- Click on the Overall Financial Aid Status link at the bottom of the ;age, then the Student Requirements for this aid year link
Click on the required document(s) links to print required form(s). If you do not see any documents listed on this tab, you do not have any additional requirements at this time to complete your financial aid file.
- If the required document is a tax transcript, you will do one of the following:
- Click on the link which directs you to the IRS website where you can order the document or create a pdf;
- Successfully submit a FAFSA correction utilizing the Data Retrieval Tool (DRT).
- Please submit all required documents at one time.
- To ensure timely processing of your file, please include all required signatures on all forms and accurately answer all questions listed on each form.
To accept award offers; follow the login steps listed above:
- Select the Accept Award Offer tab;
- Select any loan amounts, if any, to accept and submit your decision by clicking the appropriate submission button on the bottom of the screen. Note: accepted loan amounts will be evenly split between the remaining periods within the academic year (example: Fall/Spring/Summer), please budget accordingly.
If you have any questions, contact the Financial Aid Office in person, via telephone at 678-226-6677, or e-mail at email@example.com or visit our website at GwinnettTech.edu/enrollment/financial-aid. Enrollment Support Center staff are available to assist you with Financial Aid questions Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Instructions To Request Expedited Transfer Credit Evaluation
All students who have been accepted to Gwinnett Technical College and previously attended other postsecondary institutions will automatically receive a transfer credit evaluation in order of college and program acceptance date. This can take 4 to 6 weeks depending upon proximity to start date of term.
Students who need to expedite their transfer credit evaluation may do so by following the instructions listed below.
Submit an email with the information that follows to:
The Subject of the email must state: “Expedited Transfer Credit Evaluation Request.” Please include all of the required information below in your email. Incomplete transfer credit evaluation requests cannot be processed.
Type your Full Name (s) (First Name, Last Name)
Please include any names used while attending previous institutions.
Type your Gwinnett Technical College Nine-Digit Student Identification Number (ID#)
Type the Gwinnett Technical College Program of Study named on the application to which you were accepted and the Program Code (ex: Accounting Degree Program - AC13). If you have a second major and both applications have been accepted, please include the 2nd Program of Study and Program Code as well.
Type the name, city, and state of all previous postsecondary institutions that you have attended.
Transfer credit evaluations are performed on current “accepted” applications only.
Transfer credit evaluations are not performed on program applications in “pending” status.
Transfer credit evaluations will be processed within 2-5 business days from the date your email request is received.
Student will receive notification of the completed transfer credit evaluation by email, and transferred credit is viewable online by logging in on the Student Secure Area at gtc-web.org.